MITE6323@Keithing

Friday, June 09, 2006

Reflection: Session 2

In the session 2 of this module, I find the "Giant Squid" activity interesting and from which I learned that the effectiveness of interactive visual representations can be reinforced through associating interactive visual representations with some well-planned tasks and key questions.

Also, I have completed my task in order to try to deliever information and knowledge in an effective way.






Click here to enlarge

After completing the task, I realize that it is quite time-consuming in producing interactive visual representations because I need time to familiar myself with the subject matters, to analysis the information, to plan and design, and to implement.

In HK schools, there are insufficient resources (money) to find skillful (good IT skills and learning design theories) subject experts for each subject to dedicate to producing interactive visual representations. Nevertheless, I still think it is worthwhile to do because it actually helps learning and it is just a difficult starting if the interactive visual representations are reusable and affordable in different educational contexts. It is exactly a part of the concept of learning object defined by Daniel (http://www.learnactivity.com/lo/).

Images Source:
http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/lofiversion/index.php/t1002-3900.html
http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_site_images/

2 Comments:

  • At 6/11/2006 1:17 PM, Blogger Keith Ma said…

    Dear all,
    Thanks for your kind attention and valuable comments. Based on Daniel's and your suggestions, I have already made a minor improvement on my task.

     
  • At 6/13/2006 1:14 PM, Blogger Christina MLIM said…

    Good animation. But I still think if more tooltips or indicatons should be given. Think about that, the first time users have no chance to know the story behind and to ask the author how to use.


    p.s. Flash is a sophisticated tool to handle graphic and animation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home